6+ Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors in Oct 2018 (New!)
Pushing a heavy canister around the floor from room to room while constantly plugging and unplugging a power cable into different wall sockets so that you can suck up those tiny particles. well, I think you’ll agree with me that vacuuming while a necessary chore, is not one that many really enjoy performing.
This guide will give you my top 6 choices for the best cordless vacuum for hardwood floors and by the end, you will see why I have selected the winner from this extremely short list of top performers!
- 1 Top Three Cordless Stick Vacuums for Hardwood Floors 2018?
- 2 Tineco A10 Master Cordless Vacuum
- 3 Eufy HomeVac Lightweight Cordless Upright-Style Vacuum Cleaner
- 4 Dyson V8 Animal Cord Free Vacuum, Iron/Titanium
- 5 Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Cordless Stick , Red
- 6 Hoover Linx BH50010
- 7 Deik Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 8 Makita Compact Cordless Vacuum Kit (2.0Ah)
Top Three Cordless Stick Vacuums for Hardwood Floors 2018?what is the best cordless stick vacuum for hardwood floors ?
Tineco A10 Master Cordless Vacuum
Best Pick #1
If you are looking for the best cordless vacuum for hardwood floors, then Tineco A10 won’t disappoint. It’s a powerful cordless vacuum that operates without a cord. Many homeowners fear the idea of keeping a cordless vacuum, thinking that it runs out of charge in a few minutes when run at max. This is not the case with Tineco A10 cordless because it comes with not one but two lithium batteries.
There’s a 350W digital motor installed in it which offers a smooth and powerful vacuuming on hardwood floors, carpets. Moreover, it also helps clean pet hair efficiently.
Some other amazing benefits you will get from this product are silent vacuuming and easy maneuverability.
Tineco A10 Master Cordless
- HEPA Filtration+sponge.
- Superior suction.
- Cleans multiple surfaces.
- Two brushes to clean carpets and hardwood floors each.
- 2-in-1 dusting brush.
- Excellent runtime (50 minutes).
- Lightweight – 5 pounds.
- bit pricey but worth it
Features and Benefits
Twin Lithium Batteries: A single battery when fully charged offers 25 minutes of runtime on max mode. However, Tineco A10 comes with two batteries, each offering 25 minutes of runtime. Hence, you get a runtime of 50 minutes in total.This runtime makes it the best battery for both big and small houses.
110 Watt Suction Power: What makes this the best wireless vacuum is its max mode feature. Max mode offers a suction power of 110 watts. This much power is enough to get rid of pet hair, debris on all kinds of surfaces including carpets, hardwood floors.The interesting fact of this rechargeable cordless vacuum is that its power doesn’t fade even when the battery is depleted and is at its lowest. It will run at the same capability.
Ideal For Multiple Surfaces: It comes with two motorized brushes (carpet brush and hardwood floor brush). You can clean hardwood floors and carpets with these brushes easily.There’s also a dusting brush that comes with it.They offer a cleaning path of 10.4 inches with which you can clean surfaces in one go.
LED: The LEDs on the nozzle are meant to brighten any dark place and perform vacuuming easily.
Dustbin: The debris and dirt get accumulated in the dustbin. It can be emptied by pushing a single button.
Traps Particles And Allergens: This works on HEPA filtration which can trap 99.99% particles and allergens that are found in the air.
Lightweight: Another factor that makes it one of the best lightweight cordless vacuums is its lightweight. It weighs only 5 pounds and is very easy to carry around and use.
Best For Cleaning:
]hardwood floors, carpets, countertops, vehicle interiors and pet hairs.
The answer to ‘What is the best cordless vacuum?’ is definitely Tineco A10 because it is one of the top rated cordless vacuums in this business. The runtime is off the roof, it’s lightweight, and the suction is also quite powerful. Moreover, you also get additional accessories with this one including a crevice tool, a dusting brush, and a docking station.
However, it’s pricey for many people. If that’s the case, they can turn to the Tineco A10 Hero model instead. It’s cheaper than this model and comes with one battery only but with the same features.
Eufy HomeVac Lightweight Cordless Upright-Style Vacuum Cleaner
Affordable Pick #1
- Large 2200 mAh Li-ion battery gives you powerful suction with a long 50-minute battery life. A maneuverable swivel head lets you get in and out of hard to reach places and the HEPA filter ensures that all but the smallest particles are captured.
- Lightweight and extremely easy to maintain and keep clean, the massive dirt holder is easily the largest among the products reviewed.
A stand out in this class, the included battery allows for approximately 50 minutes of vacuuming! This is hard to beat and will allow you to clean all but the most monstrous of homes in a single pass and with a shorter 2 hour recharge time if you do need to make a second pass, you will be ready to go really quickly!
If you want to get to those hard to reach places, the HomeVac is a definite contender and its lightness belies an inner strength. Constructed of premium materials, the HomeVac is easy to assemble and it not only looks good, it works!
The Eufy HomeVac includes a wall mounting kit and when in use the 4 bright LEDs help find the smallest of dust and dirt particles making this a strong contender for the best cordless vac for hardwood floors.
- Exceptional battery life at 50 minutes – the longest of all of the units compared
- Fast recharge (2hr)
- Largest capacity waste storage at 0.9 L of all the units compared
- HEPA Filter
- No accessories, but not too many needed either for its main job
Dyson V8 Animal Cord Free Vacuum, Iron/Titanium
Best Pick #2
Dyson V8 Animal Features and Their Benefits
- An extremely powerful motor gives this cordless workhorse an exceptional 40 minutes of full power suction.
- The integrated HEPA filter in the Dyson V8 ensures that the smallest allergens get captured, leaving only clean and fresh air.
- With the easy conversion from stick to handheld, you can easily and effectively clean the stairs and the included accessories also allow you access to those hard to reach places.
- Easy single button push bin, makes cleanup a breeze as the dust and dirt gets quickly and simply deposited into a convenient receptacle.
- The docking and charging station is not only pretty to look at, it keeps everything neat and tidy, and ensures it is ready to go when you are.
Probably the strongest motor in its class, the V8 is excellent with hardwood and carpet and while an extra 10 minutes might not seem that much, it transforms this from a small home cordless vacuum into one that will work in medium to large properties and quite possibly makes this the best Dyson cordless vacuum for hardwood floors.
The Dyson V8 also provides an extra powerful suction feature for those really difficult tasks and while this does drain the battery faster, it is sometimes a necessary sacrifice! This extra “oomph” definitely helps it propel through those larger and more difficult jobs, helping put it in contention as best cordless vacuum for pet hair for sure !
While the price may be a bit of a turn off for some, the Dyson’s power, looks, and performance generally win over its detractors and provide enough of an incentive to spend that little bit extra.
The Dyson V8 Animal is really easy to grab and do a quick touch up around the house, without pulling out a larger unit. I’ve often found that the 10 or 15 minutes spent on this activity, ensure that longer/deeper cleans are needed less frequently saving you time in the longer term.
- HEPA filter
- Included accessories including wall mount (well designed and useful)
- Suction power
- Run time is the 2nd highest among the products compared
- Overall look & appearance is exceptional
- Price is the highest of all the products compared
- Waste container small for the size of the product. Pro and con as it’s so good at its job, it gets full too quickly!
Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Cordless Stick , Red
Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Cordless Stick
- Comes with a charging stand.
- 2-year warranty.
- Comes with a dusting brush and a crevice tool.
- The switch on button doesn’t have to be held down to operate it continuously, there’s a switch.
- Flat enough to go under the bed and furniture.
- Battery lasts for 20 minutes.
Features and Benefits
2-in-1: It can become daunting to clean multiple surfaces with a stick. On one hand, a stick vacuum is perfect for cleaning carpets and hardwood floors but on the other hand, a stick vacuum might cause problems when cleaning pet hair from a sofa, cleaning pieces of crumbs on the counter top, etc.To provide convenience in this matter, Electrolux offers a handheld plus stick vacuum capability. With just a push of a button, you can detach the wand and use it as a handheld cordless vacuum.
Swivel Technology: This offers smooth movability thanks to easy steer swivel technology. Revolving in a 180 degree and making turns is quite easy with this technology.
Superior Cleaning: The nozzle is equipped with a powerful motorized brush that can clean both dirt and debris. It can also pick up large and small particles with ease. In one sweep, the brush covers 10 inches in width.
Washable Filter: The filter inside the electrolux is easy to remove and is also washable. Doing so increases its life and you won’t be needing a filter replacement anytime soon.
Lightweight: The electrolux is extremely lightweight – weighing less than 5 pounds. You can easily clean each and every nook and cranny around the house by using it both as a stick and a hand held.
Best For Cleaning:
Hardwood floors, carpets, hard to reach places, bare floors, rugs, stairs, vehicle interiors.
If you are looking for a versatile vacuum that you can carry easily and clean almost everything around the house then this is the right cordless vacuum for you.
Hoover Linx BH50010
Hoover Linx BH50010 Features and Their Benefits
- Power controls are easy to reach and conveniently positioned with a removable and replaceable battery that lets you charge a spare (available separately) while you are busy cleaning.
- Special setting for tile/hardwood and carpet ensures that the roller is not active on hardwood floors and edge cleaning bristles allow the Hoover Linx access to all of those hard to reach places.
- Hoover patented wind tunnel technology gives you a significant amount of suction power that is sustained throughout your cleaning task and its battery charge indicator indicates the amount of power remaining between charges.
The charge on the unit runs for a full 20 minutes which is not as much as some of the other cordless vacuums tested, but with the additional battery backup (not included and a separate cost) you can reach comparable levels.
In addition, without a specifically designed charging dock, the hoover looks like what it is – an appliance, versus the others which can almost be displayed as accessories on your wall.
It does do the job and does it well – especially with the edge cleaning bristles – and the price is not going to set you back too much either.
- Decent but limited warranty restricts the repair to those components unlikely to break
- Very heavy in comparison to all of the other compared
- Second lowest battery life amongst the units compared
Deik Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Affordable pick #2
Diek offers two modes. The fast mode offers a runtime of 25 minutes, and the regular mode offers a runtime of 50 minutes.
Despite all these amazing features, it’s also quite affordable.
Deik Cordless Cleaner
- XL-sized one touch button dustbin.
- 15 months warranty.
- Powerful 2200 mAh battery that operates on 28.8V and offers powerful suction.
- Battery capacity is indicated by LED.
- Long run time.
- The dirt cup is too big and restricts the vacuum from going under the bed completely.
Features And Benefits
Speed Options There are two modes that you can choose from. The high power mode offers powerful suction and runs for 25 minutes. There’s also the eco-mode which runs for 50 minutes straight at moderate suction power. These two options make this cordless vacuum suitable for both small and big houses.
Dustbin The capacity of the dustbin is 0.9L. It can store a lot of dirt and debris in one go. The bin is detachable and very easy to empty, too.
Cyclonic Technology When operational, the motor of the deik creates a centrifugal force that not only takes in dirt and debris but also prevents it from clogging the motor. Moreover, there are two filters inside that protect the motor.
Maneuverability This vacuum only weighs 5.5 pounds and thanks to it swivel maneuvers, you can clean hardwood floors, carpets, rugs, stairs, and furniture without any trouble. Deik can also reach in hard-to-reach places and clean them efficiently.
Wall Mount No more pushing the vacuum under the bed. This one comes with a wall mount tool. Simply place it on a wall and apply the screws. The tool can hold the weight of the deik and you won’t have to deal with any space issue.
HEPA This vacuum ensures a safe environment for your family and pets by catching 99.99% allergens and particles that float in the air thanks to HEPA technology.
Best For Cleaning
Hardwood floors, rugs, carpets, wood floors.
Deik vacuum is one of the top rated cordless vacuums that you can get in this price range. It offers almost everything that a homeowner requires to clean their home.
Makita Compact Cordless Vacuum Kit (2.0Ah)
Affordable Pick #3
If you are looking for the best wireless vacuum that’s also affordable then your search ends here. Makita 18V LXT is an ergonomic pick that will cause no fatigue. It comes with a powerful charger and a battery.The suction is powerful enough to clean multiple surfaces with ease.
Makita 18v Cordless
- 3 year warranty on vacuum, battery, and charger.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Suitable for cleaning hard to reach places as well.
- Handheld + Stick .
- Powerful battery with protection features.
- less runtime
Best For Cleaning:
Hardwood floors, carpets, hard to reach places, countertops, stairs, vehicle interiors.
Features and Benefits
Lightweight: This is one of the best lightweight cordless vacuums on the market as it weighs only 2.7 pounds. There’s a rubber padding on the handle to provide comfort when using it as a handheld device.
2 Stage Cloth Filtration: This battery vacuum operates on a two layer filter, ensuring that the accumulated dust doesn’t blow back to the hardwood floor and stays within the vacuum.
Battery Features: There are many commendable battery features in this vacuum cleaner. There is overload protection in the battery that helps the device communicate with the battery to make sure there are no issues. Other than that, there is over discharge protection, too. This shuts the device off when the battery is critically low. Lastly, there is overheat protection as well. The overall temperature of the battery is monitored to prevent overheating.
Rapid Charging: The LXT battery charger accompanies with the unit. It offers 3x faster charging than conventional chargers and there’s also a cooling fan in it to prevent overheating. The battery itself is of 18V and takes only 25 minutes to charge completely. Moreover, you can operate it for 15 minutes when fully charged.
Detachable: This stands 18.75 inches tall when the wand is attached. It offers ease when cleaning stairs, carpets, and hardwood floors. However, there is an option of detaching the wand with a single push of a button. With the wand detached, the vacuum becomes a handheld device and help clean tables, upholstery, countertops, etc.
Dustbin: The capacity of the dustbin is 1.3 pints. It can accumulate a lot of dust and debris. Moreover, it also prevents the accumulated dirt from reaching the motor thanks to the double layer filter.
If you want a compact device which is cordless and affordable then Makita XLC02R1B is a good choice. With it, you can clean hardwood floors, tables, counter tops, carpets, pet hair, dust, etc. Another benefit of this budget-friendly vacuum is its everlasting LXT powerful battery and charger that lasts for years. The only problem with it is that it is not suitable for taller people and might cause back pain after continuous use.
Which cordless vacuum to choose in 2018?All of the products in the article are best, however, if you want to choose the best cordless stick vacuum then we recommend Tineco A10 Master . It offers amazing runtime and has a powerful suction. It’s ideal for big homes and leaves nothing behind.
If your budget does not stretch to the Tineco, however, our runner up, is the Eufy HomeVac Lightweight Cordless upright Style cleaner. This unit offers the longest run time and has an astounding amount of space for dirt collection. Lightweight and supremely maneuverable it finished in a strong second place overall.
Lastly, our third pick is Electrolux Ergorapido . It offers versatility at a moderate price. It can take care of dirt, debris, pet hair while also keeping the environment clean.