16+ Best Canister Vacuum for Hardwood Floors (2021)
So you got yourself a new hardwood floor, but you don’t know how to keep it neat and clean?
Hardwood floors are popular, but they can get scratched easily. Wrong broom, and even hard fabric can ruin the look.
This is why your best bet is to use a vacuum cleaner that’s specifically designed to clean hardwood floors.
The solution to your problem lies in canister vacuum cleaners. They come with a hose that makes it easy to clean even hard to reach areas. Plus, the risk of scratches is none.
After spending 26 hours in my Miniwick Cleaning Lab, and testing 32 different canister vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors, I was finally able to narrow down the 12 top canister vacuum cleaners. We recommend miele c2 hard floor is the best canister for wood floors.
- Detailed Reviews for Best Canister Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
- Miele Complete C2 – Best Overall Hardwood Floor Canister Vacuum
- Miele Grey classic C1 Pure Suction Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner, graphite
- Eureka 3670M Mighty Mite Canister Cleaner
- Miele Blizzard CX1 Pure suction canister bagless canister vacuum, Graphite Grey
- Bissell Zing Canister Bagless Vacuum, 2156A
- Kenmore BC7005 pet-friendly Crossover Bagged HEPA Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Atrix –AHC -1 Turbo Red canister vacuum – Portable Vac cleaner w/6 Quart HEPA filter & Variable speed
- Oreck Super-Deluxe Compact Canister Vacuum cleaner
- EUREKA WhirlWind Bagless Canister Cleaner NEN110A Lightweight corded vacuum
- Comparison Table for Best Canister Vacuum for Hardwood Floors.
Detailed Reviews for Best Canister Vacuum For Hardwood FloorsPremium Pick (Bagged)
- 20 Year Average life Span
- Comes with Combination Rug, Floor Tool, Parquet Twister XL Floor Brush, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush + Upholstery Tool.
- Extremely lightweight with powerful suction.
- 6 Different Speed Settings for Drapes, floors and more.
- Miele’s Powerful 1200 Watt Motor
- 19.5 pounds item weight
If you are in search of a good canister for wood floors that can take care of your cleaning stress then bring home the Miele C2. It is packed with a juggernaut of a motor that can suck in dust from almost every medium.
Strong Suction Power: There aren’t many canister vacuums that have a vortex motor with a power of 1200W but the Miele C2. This heavy motor sucks in 140 cubic feet of airflow per minute which is why not a single hair can escape its suction power.
Operating Speeds: You can choose from six different suction speeds depending on what you’re cleaning.
- Choose max power for hardwood floors.
- Moderate speed when cleaning the carpet.
- Low speed when cleaning drapes or other lighter materials.
Motor Protection Filter: The canister vacuum is equipped with a filter that protects the motor from dirt accumulation.
Air Clean Filter: The vacuum not only sweeps off hair and dirt from floors and hardwood mediums but captures dust from air as well thanks to the air clean filter system installed in it.
Synthetic Cloth GN Bag: There’s a 4.7 quartz dust/dirt bag equipped inside the vacuum where all the sucked particles are stored. This bag is very easy to empty and makes sure no captured particles are released back into the atmosphere.
Versatile Cleaning: You can clean both large/small rugs, especially rugs with velvet threads as it is equipped with a Miele SBD 285-3 Combination Rug and Floor Tool.
20% Faster Cleaning: The Parquet Twister XL Floor Brush is designed to clean under baseboards, low furniture’s and hard to reach places. Thanks to the 90 degree twisting rotation of the brush, you can clean almost every nook and corner easily. In fact, the brush is the reason that the Miele C2 offers 20% faster cleaning.
Foot Pedal To Wind Cord: With just a slight foot-push on the pedal, the entire cord can be winded and stored in its separate vacuum compartment. This eliminates the need to manually wind the cord.
Best For Cleaning
Hardwood floors, Drapes, carpets and Rugs.
This is the best miele vacuum for hardwood floors because it cleans your home from dust and debris quickly. The powerful motor and super suction speed don’t leave any bit of hair on the floor, carpet or rug. It’s definitely worth a buy if you want a strong canister vacuum.Best Pick #1 (moderately priced)
- Has high –suction power of 1200W.
- Comes with a combined floor head that best glides on hard floors.
- Motor and casing 7-year warranty plus a 1-year warranty on accessories.
- Six different power suction setting.
- Comes with a genuine Miele filter bag, Motor protection filter, and Airclean exhaust filter.
This powerful cleaner has a Miele-made vortex motor to aid its efficiency by enhancing the selected power level you chose while cleaning.
You will find the six-setting rotary very useful especially while trying to adjust the suction power control on the vacuum as a plus.
For optimal cleaning service, Miele grey classic C1 is a very perfect choice. The AirClean System is top-notch; it leaves the room air cleaner and refreshed.
This cleaner is versatile. You will not only find it efficient on hardwood floors, but it also does a perfect cleaning job as well when it comes to low-pile carpets.
The design makes it easily maneuverable around hard-to-reach areas of the house.
Does it do overheating? No! The Thermal protection A-built in temperature limiter is provided to prevent such ugly incidence.
On a short note, the Mielle Grey classic canister vacuum is a perfect choice for a hardwood floor.Budget Pick (Bagged)
- Dirt cup capacity 2.5 liters.
- Continuous, powerful suction for deep cleanings.
- Multi-surface cleaning tools included.
- Weight less than nine pounds.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Messy-free Dust Bag Replacement.
- Convenient Cord Storage.
This is a perfect option for bigger homes thanks to its 20 feet cord that lets you roam around the house easily. Apart from that, it can clean a variety of places without any trouble.
Advanced Filtration: There’s a 3-way filtration system that sucks dirt and particles. The system traps them and cleans them .
Removes Stubborn And Stuck Dirt And Particles: There’s a 10 amp motor on the canister vacuum that lets it suck dust that are stuck to carpets, sofas, and floors with ease.
Wide Maneuverability: With a 20 feet cord, long hose, you can easily clean every nook and corner of the house.
Best for Cleaning
Carpets, hardwood floors, drapes, upholstery, rugs and tile floors as well.
If you can compromise a bit on the weight then this vacuum has all the features one needs. Powerful suction, long cord, great filtration, and durability are just some of its amazing features. It is the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors and rugs that you can find in this price range.
- Top 8 Vacuum Cleaners for Shag Carpet.
- 3 Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair (Dogs & Cats): Your Ultimate Guide
- Top 10 Cordless Stick Vacuums for Wood Floors.
- It has a 3 year warranty.
- Has parquet twister floorhead and soft bristles.
- Comes with a rotary dial to switch from 4 different suction power setting.
- Has washable maintenance-free HEPA lifetime filter.
- Has gore CleanStream fine dust filter for efficient cleaning.
If you are a cleaner, you will find this Miele Blizzard CX1 pure suction canister very useful. Aside from the easy maneuvering, it is easy to empty the debris of the machine without messing anywhere up.
This machine is great for vacuuming embedded dirt regardless of the abundance of dirt or dust in the room. It removes microscopic particles with 99.9% efficiency.
Do you know that you can adjust the vacuum cleaner to meet up with your height with just a button press? You can achieve this using the telescoping stainless steel wands and you prevent making yourself uncomfortable while vacuuming.
As well, the vacuum cleaner comes with a 33-foot cleaning that prevents you from constantly changing the plug from electric sockets while trying to reach the other parts of the room.
From my laboratory test, I can affirm that the Miele blizzard is best to smooth on hard floors and low pile carpets.Budget Pick (Bagless)
- Dirt cup capacity 2 liters.
- Cyclonic action and powerful suction.
- Filters are washable and reusable.
- Weight less than eight pounds.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Multi Surface Floor Tool for different floors.
- Automatic Cord Rewind.
- Easy Empty Dirt Cup.
What makes this one of the best canister vacuums for hardwood floors is its usability. One common problem that vacuum users face is its maneuverability. It’s not easy to use a vacuum if its heavy. Considering that, Bissell Zing is known for its lightweight as it weighs only 7.5 pounds. That’s as light as a feather, especially when compared to other options.
Swivel Steering: What good is a canister vacuum if it can’t reach difficult places? Bissell comes with a swivel steering which lets you maneuver the vacuum with great ease and in different angles. This makes it easier to clean undersides of furniture, carpets and even the cracks on floors.
Dirt Cup For Storage: Large dirt bags contribute to weight and are hard to empty when full. Therefore, this vacuum comes with an alternative, the dirt cup. All you need to do is open the lid and empty the dirt inside.
Auto Cord Winding: You won’t have to roll the cord manually. There’s a button which auto-winds the cord back to its place.
Removes Stubborn Particles: You must be familiar with stuck particles and how hard it is to remove them. Bissell has a strong suction power.
Strong Cyclone Air: When you turn the canister vacuum on, it generates a whirlwind sort of air pressure that sucks in almost everything.
Switch Between Carpet Cleaning And Floor Cleaning: There’s a button that lets you choose between the type of medium you want to clean. Choose hardwood for floors and the other for cleaning carpets and rugs.
If you want to get a vacuum that is meant for smaller jobs then Bissell Zing is the right choice. It is ideal for homeowners with a smaller home and family.Also Good (Bagged)
- Comes with multiple attachments and swivel steering for all floors.
- Has led light to indicate when the bag reaches a limit.
- Comes with triple HEPA filter system and 2-motor system.
- Has 11 feet reach telescoping aluminum wand.
- Has a detachable handle to reach out to difficult areas in the room.
Out of all the vacuum cleaners that I have experimented with, I found Kenmore BC7005 to be more versatile next to Miele Grey classic C1.
The cleaner has a triple HEPA filter system that is perfect for hard floor cleaning and dust trapping. It is easier to reach cobwebs with the 8’ hose and spot dirt using the swivel steering nozzle.
The vacuum cleaner is adjustable to suit any carpet floor height. It suctions powerfully on hard floors with an amp rating of 120V 12amp.
While vacuuming pet hair with this vacuum cleaner, the design does not allow hairs to wrap up around the bush. The motorized attachment does a great job lifting embedded dirt and pet hair.
Based on my findings, you will find Kenmore BC7005 irreplaceable when it comes to vacuuming pet hair on a hard floor.
Atrix –AHC -1 Turbo Red canister vacuum – Portable Vac cleaner w/6 Quart HEPA filter & Variable speedAlso Good (Bagged)
- Has light to indicate when the bag is full with a six-quart HEPA bag filter.
- Provides 3 variable speed suction to switch from a hard to a soft floor.
- Has a telescopic metal wand with 7 height settings.
- Compact design with lightweight.
- Has several attachments to reach difficult areas.
The ultra-fine filtration feature of this machine distinguishes it from the other vacuum cleaners that you might have encountered before.
I have practically used this product, and the only problem is that you may feel uncomfortable while using it to vacuum. The noise from the cleaner is relatively more than that of the Miele Grey classic C1 vacuum cleaner.
Aside from the above challenge, you will find the long hose reliable and easy to use. It is also retractable and suctions greatly.
There are other attachments that you will find very useful such as the Turbo Red canister vac, floor tools, brushes, nozzle, etc.
The whole vacuum cleaner is compacted and easily maneuverable around hard-to-reach areas.
However, this vacuum cleaner is super easy to put together. And it is just perfect to vacuum pet hair on any hard floors.Also Good(Bagged)
- Portable and light lifting.
- Uses hypo-allergenic disposable dust bag.
- Comes with complete attachments for easy and speedy vacuuming.
- Very versatile and maneuverable.
- Can pick up smaller particles.
Do you want a vacuum cleaner with lightweight and that you can carry around the house with ease? Then Oreck supper will be the best choice here.
The vacuum cleaner is smaller in size when compared to the Miele Grey classic C1. However, the upright vacuum cleaner has certain mini attachments that are cool for cleaning computers, machines, and other delicate objects in the office or at home.
It has 20 feet cord which allows users to reach corners and difficult areas in the house.
The vacuum cleaner doesn’t have a wheel, but you can sling it over your shoulder and blow off dust while cleaning above the door. As well, the shoulder strap that comes with is adjustable.
It is maneuverable and it is the best fit on a hard floor or while cleaning up delicate objects.Also Good (Bagless)
- Fast, efficient and powerful vacuum.
- Multi-Surface Vacuum.
- Cyclone Filtration System.
- Lightweight And Easy To Maneuver.
- Washable filter and dust cup.
- Easy to empty Dust Cup.
- Automatic Cord Rewind.
- 2.5L Dust Container, No Maintenance Costs.
This may be a compact canister vacuum but by no means it runs short on performance. The addition of Cyclonic filtration in this canister vacuum makes it a force to be reckoned with. If you have a playful dog or cat who loves to jump and stroll on the furniture then this is the canister vacuum you need.
Cleans 99.9% Particles: This canister vacuum works on cyclonic filtration. It’s a system designed to eliminate 99.9% particles. The vacuum catches such particles from the air, floor and carpets, too.
Dirt Bag: here’s a dirt bag attached to the canister vacuum. All the particles are stored in this bag and can’t escape from it thanks to the top notch material it is made up of.
Retractable Cord: A step button lets you unwind the cord with ease. All you need to do is put your foot on the button
360 Rotation: It’s not easy to clean corners, under and sides of furniture and all the places where angular cleaning is required. Thanks to the 360 degree hose swivel and bendable wand of this vacuum, you will have no problem in cleaning even the toughest areas.
Easy To Clean: The dirt bag is detachable and the filters can be removed and washed with water as well.
Cyclone Technology: There’s a powerful motor on the vacuum that works on the cyclone principal, that is, sucking in every bit of dirt and particles from stubborn mediums.
Best For Cleaning
Thick carpets, hardwood floors, corners, shelves, furniture, drapes and upholstery.
Not many canister vacuums at such a low price can offer what Eureka does. It can clean all kinds of places and is also very light to carry around. Moreover, it’s ideal when it comes to cleaning hard-to-reach areas.
The Final Verdict
We did a lot of research to zero in on these canister vacuum cleaners. Based on our research, they are all great at cleaning hardwood floors. You should pick one according to your own needs and budget.
We recommend the Miele Complete C2 as it comes from a well-known brands and is quite durable as well. However, if you are looking for a budget vacuum that can clean a variety of mediums then go for Eureka Mighty Mite.