When you have grout flooring, you probably want to get some great quality homemade grout cleaners that are effective in cleaning. This material is usually made from Portland cement or epoxy and furan resin. With it, the space between the tiles will hold much better.
The biggest advantage of this type of surface is that you’ll be able to get a type of material that will absorb dirt and grim that while keeping the rest of the floor clean will lead to some discoloration or dirty stains. That is why cleaning the grout becomes very important.
Using a homemade grout cleaner will avoid the use of commercial products that are usually filled with some nasty chemicals that you should want to avoid both for your own health and the environment care.
Grout cleaners made at home are a great solution in removing those ugly stains while making sure that both the environment and your own health stay clear of any danger.
Homemade Grout Cleaners – Basic Cleaning
As for the basic cleaning of the grout, you can just simply use the liquid dish washing detergent. It’s easy to just apply it to the area and rub the area gently, apply come clean water to it and repeat.
Doing this regularly will make sure that you don’t start to accumulate dirt in it. However, even with this regular care, there may be some harder to remove stains that will require you to apply some other solutions.
- First of all, there’s the use of baking soda and water. Simply make a paste of these two and scrub the grout. You can use a toothbrush or a special cleaning brush. After applying it for the first time, get some water in the area, remove it and repeat if you want to.
- You can also try to use a mixture of salt, baking soda and vinegar. You’ll use equal parts of each of these and mix them us until you get a fine paste. Afterwards, simply leave it in the surface for a little bit before gently scrubbing it and rinsing with water.
- Yet another alternative would be to use a mixture of baking soda, ammonia and vinegar. This is a stronger mixture and should be used only on the stains that are really hard to remove. You first mix all these three substances up to the point you get a pretty thick paste. It’s then time to add some water which will dilute it a little bit. You’ll apply this diluted substance to the stain and leave it for a while. Using a brush, scrub the area, get some water and brush it with it a little bit and then using a dry cloth, take the excess. Just make sure you’re using an appropriate brush here.
- If you have mold, which is more common in bathrooms, you should try to use chlorine bleach and water. If you mix them with baking soda, you’ll have a paste instead of a liquid solution. Just apply it (make sure that the room has ventilation) and apply some water. Before applying, make sure you test in a small area as some people find that it causes some discoloration on the tiles.
- Lemon, as a natural cleaner, is also a good solution. Mixing baking soda and lemon juice is a great way of getting a really good cleaning agent for grout. You’ll simply need to apply it and leave it there for a while. You’ll then just need to remove it with a brush.
- From the strongest cleaning agent, there’s hydrogen peroxide, which must be diluted. It’ll remove mold, mildews and prevent them from appearing again. Make sure you dilute it in water before applying. If you want it to get thicker, you can add some baking soda for that.
Are These Homemade Grout Cleaners Good Enough?
The answer is yes! You will not need any hazardous products to get the grout completely cleaned without spending a whole lot of time in the process.
It’s simple to make and apply. With these homemade grout cleaners, you’ll have a great solution for your grout cleaning needs.